Friday, February 24, 2012

~ a hexircle ~


~~ A 'hexircle' - the 'squircle v-3's' matching cousin.  :)

Materials:
- 4-ply ww acrylic yarn (I used Loops & Threads Impeccable)
- J hook

Size: 5 1/2" side to side

Notes:
- ch 2 at beginning of Rnds 1 and 2 do not count as a stitch
- I crochet tight, so you may want to adjust the size of your crochet hook

Directions:
Rnd 1: Ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Join with a sl st to 1st dc. (12 dc)

Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around. Join as before. (24 dc)

Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st, ch 2. *sc in next dc, ch 2. Repeat from * around. Join with a sl st to 1st sc.


Rnd 4:  Sl st into ch-2 space, (ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same space, ch 1, skip next ch-2 space, 2 sc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, skip next ch-2 space.  *(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch-2 space, ch 1, skip next ch-2 space, 2 sc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, skip next ch-2 space.  Repeat from * 4 more times.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Rnd 5:  Ch 3, dc in each dc, sc and ch-1 space around with (dc, ch 1, dc) in each corner ch-2 space.  Join as before.

Rnd 6:  Ch 1, sc in each dc around with (sc, ch 1, sc) in each corner ch-2 space.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off.

***Debi Y's pattern***
Print Friendly and PDF

11 comments:

  1. hola amiga, gracias por el tutorial del hexagono, me encanta tu pagina por los tutoriales que ofreces y das muy buenas explicaciones e los trabajos. besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hexagon....pretty like everything young make.:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi, I've been wanting to try one of your patterns for a while now. I just did this one. Love it, but mine turned out about 6 1/2". I usually crochet pretty tight but I guess not this time. Plus I am completely obsessed with Vanna's Choice yarn and it seems thicker than most others. I think I may make this into a blanket one day! Thanks! Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. I crocheted this one with the Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn - it's just a little bit thinner than RHSS and Vanna's. :)

      Delete
  4. Can this be made larger? Do I continue with row 5? I want make a afgan.



    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Yes, I believe that it can be made larger by repeating Row 5 - I don't think that there will be a problem. :)

      Delete
    2. Actually, the directions to repeat would be:

      Ch 3, dc in each dc around with (dc, ch 2, dc) in each corner ch-2 space.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your generosity. I'm new to crocheting and goign to embark on my first blanket soon. This lovely pattern is a strong contender. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)