Saturday, March 28, 2009

Little pink purse


I crocheted this little purse at work on my lunch breaks - took a few days. I used Red Heart sparkling pink and my trusty "I" hook. It measures 6 1/2" x 6 3/4" - just big enough to carry my ID, a few dollars, cigarettes and my camera. I'm going to use it for a couple of weddings - my nephew Donnie and (soon to be neice) Karen are getting married June 6th - and (long-time friends) Rich and Robin's daughter Rachel is getting married May 30th.
X-stitch small purse
Materials:
* 2 1/4 oz ww yarn (I used Red Heart)
* I hook
* decorative shank button
Size: 6 3/4" top to bottom 6 1/2" across
Note: Do not join rnds, use a stitch marker.
Directions:
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around.
Rnd 3: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc. Repeat from * around.
Rnd 4: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc. Repeat from * around.
Rnd 5: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc. Repeat from * around.
Rnd 6: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc. Repeat from * around.
Rnd 7: *2 sc in next, sc, sc in next 5 sc. Repeat from * around.
Rnd 8: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next 6 sc. Repeat from * around.
Rnd 9: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next 7 sc. Repeat from * around.
Rnds 10 - 12: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 13: For 1st x-st, sl st in 1st sc, sl st in next sc, ch 3, dc in 1st sl st. *Skip next sc, dc in next sc, dc in skipped sc.. Repeat from * around.
Rnd 14: Sc in top of ch 3, sc in each dc around.
Rnds 15 - 16: Sc in each sc around.
Rnds 17 - 24: Repeat Rnds 13 - 16 two more times.
Rnd 25: Repeat Rnd 13.
Rnd 26: Sc top of ch 3 and next dc together. Sc in next 25 dc, sc next 2 dc together, sc in next 25 dc.
Rnd 27: Sc 1st 2 sc together, sc in next 24 sc, sc next 2 sc together, sc in next 24 sc.
Rnd 28: Reverse sc in next 13 sc, ch 10, sc in same sc, reverse sc in remaining sc. Join with a sl st to 1st reverse sc. End off.
With 2 strands of ww held together, join with a sc to 1st reverse sc, ch desired length, skip next 24 reverse sc, sc in next reverse sc. End off.
Sew button to middle of Rnds 26 & 27.
Weave in all ends.
**Debi Y's idea**
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)